Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Power of Prayer

A lot of people reading this know that most of this semester has been a huge struggle for me. Unfortunately, I can't go into a lot of detail about it on this because of this blog being fairly public and I don't want the wrong people reading this. However, this week has been EXCEPTIONALLY challenging for me. I felt completely betrayed, hurt, and angry for most of the week. I also felt ashamed of how I was feeling. I was reacting in a very non-Christian way. I was returning this person's evil with evil; rather than kindness. Luckily, I was only in this funk for a couple of days because of the love and support of my wonderful husband who has been everything I needed from him from a shoulder to cry on (it's happened quite often lately) to a listening ear for me to vent to, and a wise adviser. I've also been so blessed by my family and the wonderful ladies of my small group. The relationships that I've formed with others from our Sunday School class, and especially our small groups have been a huge blessing to me. I've gotten wonderful, sweet texts and Facebook messages from my very best friend, family members, and small group friends. In all of this I have really leaned on God and I know that it was Him who truly had his hand on everything.

By Friday afternoon, and a much-needed meeting I felt that a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders. Though this situation is probably not finished, and more will probably come of it, I am no longer worrying about it because God is in control.

Thank you to EVERYONE who prayed for me this week, listened to me this week, encouraged me this week, and were a friend to me this week. You are all so very important in my life!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that your small group has been a blessing to you guys. We are loving ours as well. I have to admit though, I'm a little sad that you guys couldn't be in ours, but I'm glad things are going well with yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for all the crap you've had to deal with! I'm glad you've got friends close by to help out..and a good hubby. :)

    ReplyDelete