Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Heart Day!

Happy Valentine's Day! From the beginning of our dating relationship I've always told Michel that Valentine's Day is not that big of a deal to me. I like doing something special for Valentine's Day, but I don't need to get dressed up and go out to eat, and he and I have never exchanged gifts for Valentine's Day. Part of my reasoning behind that is because my birthday is Feb. 26th, so I don't see the point in getting a gift for Valentine's Day when my birthday is less than two weeks later.

All that being said, I have had a most wonderful Valentine's Day 2012! It started first thing this morning when I realized I still had a little bit of money left on some Starbucks gift cards that I received as Christmas presents, so I treated myself to a frappuccino and banana nut bread for breakfast. It was delicious! I got a small pot of flowers from a student, and a former student brought me candy! It was so thoughtful! Then, this beautiful vase of roses was delivered to me at school from my sweet husband!


When I got home Michel and I exchanged cards. We don't do gifts, but we do do cards because he's really good at finding cards for me. This is what I got:

It's 2 cats having a conversation of "What do you wanna do tonight?" "I dunno...what do you wanna do?" Michel told me that when he saw this card he knew he had to get it for me for two reasons: 1.) I love cats 2.) He and I have conversations like this quite a bit, and it drives him crazy! I'm not always very opinionated/decisive. 

I'd been looking forward to this evening for quite awhile because Michel and I have had our menu planned for about a week. Whoever said 'the way to a man's heart is through his stomach' hadn't met me because it's pretty true for me as well! Anyways, Michel went out today and bought us some delicious ribeye steaks which he grilled, some baked potatoes, and garlic bread. Unfortunately, there are no pictures of our dinner because I was halfway through my meal when I realized "I meant to take a picture of this!" Trust me in knowing that it was delicious! As much as I loved our main course, dessert is what really had me excited. It had been a secret to me. All I knew was that it was made with a TON of chocolate because I saw all of the ingredients in the pantry. He made truffle chocolate brownie bites, and told me that he got vanilla ice cream to go with it. He then told me "I know you pretty well, huh?" Yes. Yes, you do. Look how cute the plating is!

I love that he baked the brownies in the shape of a heart! 
I've had a great Valentine's Day, and I hope that you have, too!! Happy Heart Day!

2 comments:

  1. I believe Michel might be a "keeper!" What a sweet treat--love the heart-shaped brownie!!

    ReplyDelete