Sunday, May 1, 2011

This post is long over-due

About a month ago, I posted the recipe for easy chicken strips that I found from a low-cal comfort food cookbook. I tried it on my own, and loved them, so I made them for Michel one day, and they've since become a staple in the Zoutendam household - they're so delicious! This time I thought I would post with pictures because everything's better with a picture :)

In shallow bowls, place:
1/4 c. AP flour combined with 3/4 tsp. seasoned salt
1/3 c. butter
1-1/4 c. crushed cornflakes

The recipe calls for over a pound of chicken breasts, but I knew that I was just making this for myself (it was Easter Sunday and Michel had to work - otherwise I don't normally go all out like this just for myself), so I just used one whole chicken breast.
Dip the chicken breasts in flour, then butter, then the cornflakes and place on a greased cookie sheet.
Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes until no longer pink in the middle. When Michel and I eat this during the week, we usually eat it with a green vegetable and a baked potato because it's quick. However, I wanted some French Fries, so I served these up with some oven-baked French Fries and had a delicious Easter dinner!
MMMMMMM!!!! It's so delicious!!!
I highly recommend these to anyone who loves breaded chicken strips!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend Jen shared a recipe with me that is really similar. It is the same steps BUT you add a package of dry italian dressing seasoning and some parmesan cheese to the corn flakes. SO GOOD! ( I deleted my original comment because I left out the word "Dressing"! :D )

    ReplyDelete