Thursday, October 10, 2013

Guess Whooo Is 1 Month Old?!


Wow, I cannot believe that this sweet girl has already been in our lives for one month! She truly is a joy to be around and her daddy and I love her so much! Here are a few things that we've learned about her in her first month of life :)

Length: 21 inches (this is an estimate because I just laid her on the couch and measured her from head to toe)

Weight: 8.2 lbs (another estimate because I just weighed myself alone, and then weighed myself holding her)

Sleep: She generally sleeps 2ish hours between feedings during the day (we're currently struggling with this this week because Audrey has started doing everything in her power to NOT let herself fall asleep even though we will put her in her crib 90% asleep, and sometimes all the way asleep. We then have a very fussy baby on our hands). However, at night she is always ready to go to sleep immediately and goes down for her bedtime at 8:30ish, and then Michel feeds her at 11, and then I feed her at 3, 5:30, and start our day at 8 a.m.

Eating: She definitely hit a growth spurt earlier this week because she went from eating 2-3 oz every 2-3 hours to eating 3-4 oz every 3 hours!!

Clothes: She's still wearing newborn sizes, but some of them are getting really snug in the length. She still has plenty of room to grow through the waist.

New achievements of the month: 
- She has definitely gained better muscle control from when she was a newborn! She has a bit more control of her hands and arms.
- As soon as the bottle nipple comes into view her mouth is automatically open!
- I don't know if it's possible, but I swear she has smiled at Michel and me purposefully.
- She makes great eye contact sometimes! (about 50-75% of the time you're talking to her she'll look at you)
- When placed on her tummy, she *can* turn her head from side to side. It's still a difficult task for her, though, and she won't do it every single time. She did it today, and then fell asleep because it was such hard work for her - it was so stinkin' cute!

Things she likes:
1. Her musical lion picked out for her by her cousin, Zane
2. Her duck rattle bought by her Nana and Granddaddy
3. Having her hands by her face
4. Her pacifier (this has been a lifesaver ever since we discovered she liked it)!
5. Being held - pretty sure someone could hold her all day and she would be perfectly content!

Things she doesn't like:
Apparently she doesn't like being in the car with Mommy driving (no rude comments about this!) because she always falls asleep when Daddy's driving, but each time I've taken her out somewhere she fusses. Go figure...

Other randomness:
1. Her umbilical cord stump FINALLY fell off last Sunday! She was 3 weeks 5 days old, and I was getting impatient even though the doctor said we didn't need to worry about it until she was 6 weeks old. I was so glad that it fell off on its own!
2. She pees and poops like a champ!
3. I have been peed on countless times - not to where it's gotten on me, but in between taking off the dirty one and putting on a clean one she has started peeing or pooping and I rush to cover her with a diaper or wipe so it doesn't get everywhere! Yesterday, she started peeing and I had the clean diaper on her, but not covering her, and she started peeing and it shot out like a fountain. I had no idea little girls were capable of that - I thought only boys could!
4. She's the cutest baby EVER!!! OK, I know everybody rightfully thinks their baby is the cutest one ever, but I just had to add it in. I could look at her sweet face all day.
5. I love her sweet coos and goos as she attempts to talk to Mommy and Daddy. It's precious!

She really is a sweet baby, and we're so blessed that she's happy and healthy! We've loved having her in our lives, and I'm so looking forward to the upcoming holidays with her!

Just in case you missed her newborn photo shoot on Facebook, here are a few of my favorites. :)



I think this is my absolute favorite!!

This is her Halloween "costume"! I know it's not a true costume, but I thought this was too cute!
I can't wait to see how much she grows and changes in her second month of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment