Thursday, October 17, 2013

October 17, 2013


Today marks four years since the day that I said "I do" to my sweet husband! I can't believe how quickly the time has gone! I've been bragging about him all day on Facebook because I do want the world to know what a terrific husband, and now daddy, he is. He is selfless, funny, godly, sarcastic, a hard-worker, wonderful provider for his family, and I feel so richly blessed to be his wife!

We did our true celebration this year on Friday, October 11th because it was the only time we could work it out for someone to babysit Audrey for us. So we went out to eat at Macaroni Grill and then got dessert at Braum's (my favorite)! It was really nice just going out, the two of us, and not having to worry about feeding Audrey, putting her down for bed, etc. Don't get me wrong, I love her dearly, but it was nice to go back to being just husband and wife rather than parents (when I re-read this it still sounds like I don't like my role as a parent which is not the case at all!).

Tonight, for our actual anniversary, it was very low-key. We spent most of the day in our pjs. Michel grilled us a delicious ribeye steak on the grill outside, we made a baked potato, and enjoyed some Blue Bell ice cream while watching The Big Bang Theory on DVD! Audrey was supposed to be taking a nap during our dinner time, but she had other plans, so we just brought her to the living room with us where she vegged out in her swing (which is one of her new favorite things). Not the most exciting anniversary, but I was with two of my favorite people, and there was nowhere else I would have rather been!

Looking back we have made so many incredible memories! In the four years that we've been married we have gone on the MOST wonderful cruise...


...spent 10 days in Oahu, Hawaii...


...welcomed our nephew...


...practiced our parenting skills on our niece and nephew...


...bought a house...

(which I can't find my picture of)

...adopted a cat

Awww...I forgot how little he was!
...and most importantly we have welcomed a sweet little girl into our lives!


It's been an amazing 4 years together, and look forward to many, many more!!


October 17, 2010
October 17, 2011

October 17, 2012 (for some reason when I tried to caption the picture itself, the picture moved...weird)

And finally October 11, 2013 (this is the first year we couldn't celebrate on our actual anniversary because we had to do it at a time when we had a babysitter! We've never needed one in the past!)


I love this man!! Happy 4th Anniversary, Michel!!

2 comments:

  1. Cute! Love the picture timeline. :) (Although I think you meant to type 2009 in your title. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun memories! You two are a wonderful couple and now are becoming wonderful parents.

    ReplyDelete