Friday, January 25, 2013

It's Really Real!

Today is the day that I had been waiting for since I found out that I was pregnant on January 1st - our very first sonogram!! I took off half a day of work; a.) because I could, and b.) I found it very hard to concentrate today! Our appointment was at 3:00. We got there around 2:30 because we knew that there would be a lot of new patient paperwork to fill out (this was my first appt with this specific OB/GYN; my gynecologist decided to stop delivering babies last year, so I was referred to a new dr). Anyways, around 3:45 or so the nurse came out and said that the dr. had been called away on emergency and we could choose to stay or leave. Michel and I decided to stay and wait. I ended up being seen around 4:30 and left around 5:30. This was seriously the LONGEST. DAY. EVER! So much waiting.... however; I found out that I really like my new doctor - she was incredibly sweet, answered so many questions that I had, and just really took the time to talk to me. Other than the wait, I have nothing but great things to say about this entire day.

Anyways, so the doctor did some blood work on me and did a quick internal exam (not a sonogram though) because I had called in yesterday because I was bleeding and she wanted to make sure everything was OK which it was. She told me that a little bit of bleeding from time to time is not worrisome, and appears in early pregnancy in about 80% of women, so that was very reassuring. After I was done with this doctor I got sent to a laboratory to have the sonogram done (weird, I know). A pile of more forms to fill out, 45 minutes of waiting, and 32 oz. of water later, I finally got the sonogram done! This was the part that Michel and I had been most looking forward to! We got to see the baby's heartbeat flickering really fast, and we even got to hear it! We got a really good picture of the baby now and if you look closely you can see a head forming, and the bottom of the baby is still tail-like, but it's getting smaller, and we're definitely starting to see the resemblance of a tiny human in there! Today's appointment made pregnancy feel really real to me! I can't wait for the rest of these 33 weeks to go by! Oh, and my due date was changed from September 12th to the 16th according to the size of the baby, but the sono tech said that the due date is plus or minus 4 days, so I still am calling myself 7 weeks along right now.

Here's our precious miracle!! I'm already in love :)


4 comments:

  1. It's worth every second of the wait to see your little one!! Don't rush these 33 weeks enjoy ALL of it!! They say the earlier you are in your pregnancy the more accurate and they were dead on with my due date! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading about everything! Great times waiting and preparing for the new addition to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so excited for the other Z's! Congrats again on your wonderful miracle. I loved the updates and look forward to hearing all about the little baby Z:)

    ReplyDelete