Sunday, August 12, 2012

Hawaii Day 9 - Waterfall Hike

Day 9 in Hawaii consisted of our fourth, and final, hike. This one was with a tour group, so there were about 12 of us and our tour guide. We saw some cool things on this hike, but honestly, I think we were all hiked out by this point. Michel agreed. When we finished with it we were just ready to go to the beach and relax. Don't get me wrong, we still had fun! It definitely wasn't one where we needed to go with a group.

Along the way we got to see another spot where Jurassic Park was filmed.

This is where a T-rex jumped out of the trees.






Here's the waterfall!





It wasn't quite as big and magnificent as what we were hoping for. It hadn't rained here in quite awhile (though you wouldn't know it from the mud that we hiked through), so the waterfall wasn't as big as what it has been in the past.

After we saw the waterfall and got back to our car we were ready for lunch! So we decided to go to Teddy's Bigger Burgers again! It was still as delicious as it was the first time that we ate there. I wish there was one in Texas...

Anyways, the rest of the afternoon consisted of laying on the beach, and boogie boarding for the last time.

I already miss "our" beach...it was so beautiful and private and serene!



I'm ready to hit the waves!


I get cold in the water much quicker than Michel, so I always got out 10-20 minutes before he did to lay out and warm up. 


Champion Body Boarder right here!!
So, as I'm writing this back at home in Texas I'm sad to not have the gorgeous scenery surrounding us anymore, and definitely sad to not have the 85 degree temperatures with us. But I have awesome memories and pictures from our trip, and am so grateful and fortunate that we were able to go and enjoy it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment