Thursday, June 30, 2011

Cake Decorating at the Davises

Every Wednesday night I get together with some of my favorite ladies in our ABF for Bible Study. During the summer we decided that we still wanted to get together, but it would be hard to do a Bible Study with so many people being gone for vacations, so we chose to do a different activity every Wednesday and it has been so much fun!! I really look forward to spending some quality girl time with good friends every week. 

Yesterday, we all did cake decorating. One of the ladies (no matter how old I get I have a hard time referring to myself or my friends as ladies/women - it just sounds old!!) has a twin sister who isn't a professional cake decorator, but she's VERY talented! So she came over and gave us a demonstration to acquire the basic skills. I'm not gonna lie...I don't think this is where my talent lies, but it was still a ton of fun! 

Do you see how intently I was working on my cake, though???


Here is my finished product....again, remember that this was the first time for me, so I'm not quite to professional-level - YET :)


And all of my wonderful friends in our ABF!


Can't wait for our next fun event!

No comments:

Post a Comment