Thursday, June 23, 2011

Fun in the Sun!!!

This summer, I signed up to work at ESY (Extended School Year) for the first time ever. I've never worked during the summer since I started teaching in Plano. We didn't have much going on this summer so the times worked out perfectly, and we weren't going to be away on vacation, so we wanted to use the extra money and try and pay off some debt faster. ESY hours are awesome! It's Monday-Thursday, 7:30-11:30 for two weeks in June and two weeks in July! I love having my afternoons off and Fridays off, so I know that I won't go back to school feeling like I haven't had a summer break. Anyways, I was so excited to find out that a good friend of mine from church, Alicia Zellner, would also be working at ESY - same school and everything! She lives very close to Michel and I so we came up with the wonderful idea to carpool together. She comes to my apartment every day and she drove us this week, and I'll drive us next week, so we're both saving money on gas, and we have time to chat and hang out before and after ESY. 

We decided that today after we got off work we were going to go to lunch and then swim and we had so much fun! It was the perfect day to swim because it was so hot outside! We tried many times to do a self-portrait and found it to be unsuccessful so we finally asked a very nice lady who was just sitting in a pool chair to take the picture for us.

We had a great time and I can't wait to continue our carpooling to and from ESY, and extra pool time!

Btw...I got the weirdest sunburn. I put on sunscreen, but apparently was not very thorough because I have red splotchy patches on my thighs....sounds pretty, huh? :)

2 comments:

  1. I love you blog post. I have been having so much fun with you and am so thankful I have such a good friend to share this summer with. Lunch was great at Glorias and I loved our pool day. It was absolutely perfect. Looking forward for more hang out next week and throughout July:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun that ya'll get to go to work together!! I'm super jealous of your pool time. I don't think Pearson and I will be making it out to the pool this summer. Maybe late August or early September. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete