Thursday, July 10, 2014

Audrey's 1st 4th of July!

I've been on a major blog hiatus. I haven't posted in quite a long time, and I haven't even read my friend's blogs that often (sorry, guys!). But I just got back from a little "staycation" and have some pictures from it, and want to blog about it before I forget about all the fun we had.

The first few days of July had Michel working everyday. He worked at one job or another on July 1, 3, 4, 5, and 6th. Seriously, love this man for working so hard for our family! My sister and her two kids were already planning on coming in town and so I asked Michel if he minded if Audrey and I went over there so that we weren't stuck at home all day with nothing to do. Of course, he didn't mind, so on Tuesday, July the 1st we headed over to my parents' house. I stopped for lunch along the way to eat lunch with my best friend and her two kids (she also lives in Forney). Why do I never remember to take pictures when we get together? Anyways, Tuesday was just everybody arriving at my parents' house. Audrey absolutely LOVES the special attention she gets from her grandparents, Aunt Janette, and her cousins. Every time Karys sees Audrey, she will repeatedly tell me, "she's so cute"; "she's the cutest baby every". It's so sweet! Audrey is always full of smiles, and laughter when Zane and Karys interact with her which usually fuels them to keep playing with her :)

Wednesday was my favorite day! We all went to Hawaiian Falls! For all of you who are friends with me on Facebook, you saw me trying to get coupons for it because it was much more expensive than I remembered it being in the past! So, thanks to Katy, and another friend, we headed to Hurricane Harbor with a Buy 1 Adult Get 1 Kid Free ($20 savings!) and $7/1 adult, so we all paid about $20 per person to get in. Audrey was free! We went right after an early lunch. I wanted Audrey to get in a good morning nap, so that she would be awake for our fun in the sun! Well...as with all babies, your plans are not their plans. We arrived around 1:00. Audrey had woken up from her AM nap around 11 or 11:30. She was acting SOOOO sleepy by 1:00. For the first couple hours that we were there, she was incredibly quiet, and not fussing, but not acting like she was having any fun. She finally fell asleep while I was holding her, and slept for a good 30 minutes. Once she woke up, her demeanor was much more like what we're used to...splashing in the pool, full of smiles, intently watching all of the kids playing. Once again, I failed to take pictures! What is wrong with me?

On Thursday, we went to the Perot Museum. Once again, Audrey was super tired, but still managed to stay in a good mood with little meltdowns here and there. It's really geared for older kids, so Karys and Zane had a blast, and I know Audrey enjoyed having new plans thrown into her schedule. I did remember to take some pictures here....finally!
An example of her mini-meltdown from not having a nap. That face is pitiful!

The museum had a children's museum with one part specifically designed for babies. It would have been better if she could crawl, but on the wall there were flowers that you could spin and it had seeds or something inside that made sounds that she loved! There was also a mirror on the other side of this sunflower where she could watch herself do tricks. :)

Karys is such a sweet cousin to Audrey! She loves reading Audrey books...and Audrey loves the attention showered on her by Karys :)


She did finally give into her exhaustion and took a nap...for about 5 minutes!

Audrey and her sweet cousins!
On Friday, Janette and the kids went out after lunch, but that morning we went to Heath (small town between Forney and Rockwall) for their 4th of July parade. My best friend, and her family, always rides in the parade on an old firetruck that her dad redid (Michel and I rode off on the firetruck after our wedding). But the kids enjoyed watching the horses and the band, and some of the floats that went through! Audrey enjoyed trying to eat grass :) But we got some really cute pictures out of it, and I just adore Audrey's outfit!




Happy 4th of July!!!!

...well, a few days late :)




No comments:

Post a Comment