Saturday, December 8, 2012

Christmas Decorating!

I love decorating for Christmas! When we lived in our apartment, Michel and I really only put up our Christmas tree and stockings because that was all we had room for. Last year, we had only been in our house for a month when Christmas rolled around and I put up a few more decorations because had the room for it, but I still didn't go crazy decorating. To be honest, it may take years to fully decorate the way I want to because I like lots of decorations in every room of the house (not sure if Michel likes that, but he knew that I was the crazy Christmas lady when he married me!), but I did decorate quite a bit more this year, and I really love the way everything has turned out....take that back, I love the way MOST things have turned out. I'm not too happy with the tree, but that's because of a certain four-legged creature in our house. More on him later.

This year, I even busted out some creativity to make my own Christmas crafts, and I really love the way everything turned out!

Last weekend, I dug into my creativity and began a craft that I had found on Pinterest to decoratively hang Christmas cards. I started the craft on Monday, and kind of figured that I wouldn't finish it until the Christmas break at school started, but I have surprised myself and finished it within a week of starting it! I'm kind of a procrastinator sometimes...

Anyways, the craft was really easy. I bought some small clothespins, Christmas scrapbook paper, Mod Podge, decorative buttons, ribbon, paint, and paintbrushes. Altogether it probably cost me about $10, so not bad at all.

A close-up of one of the clothespins

Several of the clothespins...just waiting for more Christmas cards to come!!
My other craft that I tackled didn't really require much talent...only paint and glitter. I bought these wooden letters that spelled out Merry Christmas at First Monday in Canton. I think they go on the entry table really well!

Please excuse all the glitter on the table...it will get cleaned!

Awhile back, I bought some wall shelves at IKEA that Michel was kind enough to put up for me about a month ago. Normally, it's our wall that's decorated with firefighting stuff, but I took it all down to swap out Christmas decorations.

I love this nativity scene and the Christmas plaque with words written in the shape of a Christmas tree!

Our stockings in a very creative location since we have no fireplace
Our side table
Like I said, I really love how everything turned out except for our Christmas tree, but it's so bad that it deserves a post of its own...hopefully I'll have it up tomorrow, so stay tuned! :) Merry Christmas!!

1 comment:

  1. I really love how you've decorated everything. Your craft projects turned out great! Can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete