Once again, I have failed at blogging! I don't know what my issue is, but I do love keeping up with Audrey's monthly updates because she changes soooo much from month to month! Oh, how I love this sweetie pie so much! From her happy morning wake-ups hearing her just start talking and playing with her rattle doll to her stopping whatever she's doing to lay her head down on you and suck her thumb for some quick loves and snuggles, this girl has totally stolen our hearts and I can NOT believe that next month at this time we'll be celebrating her FIRST birthday! I still feel like we just brought her home from the hospital. How in the world is she 11 months old???
Length/Weight/Head Circumference: I don't know.
Teeth: She has 4 now! 2 bottom, 2 top
Sleep: Audrey still takes 2 naps a day...her AM one is generally around 9:30 or 10 and lasts an hour to an hour and a half; her PM nap is generally around 2:30 for about an hour and a half or two hours. She still goes to bed around 7pm, and generally wakes in the early 7:00 hour. One day this week after being very busy and Audrey missing some sleep, she slept from 6:30pm - 8:45am!!! After checking to make sure she was OK, I kind of enjoyed a quiet breakfast and two cups of coffee - babyless.
Eating: This girl LOVES food! Her bottle is a different story - she's back down to about 15oz a day, but she's about to be off of it completely, so I don't care. For breakfast, she and I usually split a banana, and she'll either eat some oatmeal, a cereal bar, Cheerios, whatever we have on hand. For lunch, she eats some Greek yogurt with some pureed fruit mixed in, and for dinner some type of pureed protein, vegetable, and then some of whatever we're eating. She is the best eater, and will literally eat anything you put in front of her. I haven't found any food that she refuses to eat. I hope this continues throughout childhood!
Clothes: She's generally in 6-9m, and 9-12m; as well as 9m and 12m.
New Achievements of the Month:
1. Audrey can crawl! OK, it's an inchworm, it's cute, and it gets her where she needs to go! You should see her crawl towards Ninja now :) She has a big smile on her face, and he has a look of terror lol :)
2. She can also sit up from laying down
3. Claps anytime she hears the words: clap, yay, good girl, good job. Sometimes she just claps because she's proud of herself, or just because :)
4. Says "mama"! She has said it to me several times while looking at me. Talk about melting your heart!
5. Knows Ninja's name. If I say anything about him, she looks his direction. If she can't see him, she'll look around on the floor and then look at me like "Uhhh...where is Ninja?"
6. Understands the word "fan." She'll immediately look at the ceiling fan.
7. Mimics the words "thank you" very clearly!
8. Tries mimicking most anything you say (especially "good", and "good girl")
9. Goes through clothes piece by piece, looking at each one and saying her version of the word "cute" because I did that one day when going through a big sack of clothes donated to us by a friend. It's soooo cute to see her do it! She probably thinks the word for clothes is "cute" but we'll let that one slide for now :)
1. Being carried
2. Play dates
3. Sitting in a pile of clothes - seriously, it's where I put her now when I'm changing out laundry or going to the bathroom because she'll stay there, and she's super happy when surrounded by clothes (watch out, Michel, when she becomes a teenager we'll be paying big bucks on clothes for her!)
4. Ninja - she can't figure out why he doesn't seem to return the feelings. He tends to walk away when she crawls too close, but today, he actually got close to her and started rubbing his face all over her foot, and he let her pet him several times - even if she pulled some fur! He's slowly becoming acclimated to the "new" person in our house!
5. Putting the burp rag on her head (or having you do it to her) and playing Peek-a-Boo
6. Eating table food
1. Being told "no"
2. Diaper/clothes changes
3. Stroller rides
4. Being set on the floor when she really wants to be held
5. The blender - if she's awake, even if she's not in the same room, it's made her cry the 2 times I pulled it out.
Here are some fun pictures that I've taken of her recently:
|This is an action shot of her eating a cereal bar - it cracks me up that she has it from her chin to her nose!|
|This picture doesn't accurately portray how messy she was with dinner. She ended up with food on her neck, in her hair....I had to give her a bath afterwards, and I hadn't intended on doing so today!|
|This is the only way I can take her shopping without utter meltdown. And even then, it better be a 15-minute trip - MAX!|